Today it has become largest e-commerce website in the world. Transactions on its online sites totaled $248 billion in 2017, more than those of eBay and Amazon.com combined. In January 2018, Market value of Alibaba reached $527 billion.
(1) It’s about balance. You are heavy, I am small. When I am small, I can jump. You are heavy, you can not jump.
(2) When you are small, you have to be very focused and rely on your brain, not your strength.
(3) If you don’t give up, you still have a chance. Giving up is the greatest failure.
(4) Never give up. Today is hard & cruel, tomorrow will be worse and crueller, but the day after tomorrow will be beautiful & sunshine.
(5) The world will not remember what you say, but it will certainly not forget what you have done.
(6) If there are nine rabbits on the ground, if you want to catch one, just focus on one.
(7) If you are a wolf chasing rabbits, focus on one rabbit. Change yourself to catch the rabbit, but don’t change rabbits.
(8) We should never finish a 20 year program in two years.
(9) If you’ve never tried, how will you ever know if there’s any chance?
(10) It doesn’t matter if I failed. At least I passed the concept on to others. Even if I don’t succeed, someone will succeed.
(11) No matter how tough the chase is, you should always have the dream you saw on the first day. It’ll keep you motivated and rescue you (from any weak thoughts).
(12) If we are a good team and know what we want to do, one of us can defeat ten of them.
(13) If you want to grow, find a good opportunity. Today, if you want to be a great company, think about what social problem you could solve.
(14) The opportunities that everyone cannot see are the real opportunities.
(15) Opportunity lies in the place where the complaints are.
(16) Your attitude is more important than your capabilities. Similarly, your decision is more important than your capabilities.
(17) Try to find the right people, not the best people. Don’t hire the most qualified, hire the craziest.
(18) We are never in lack of money. We lack people with dreams, who can die for those dreams.
(19) If you want to win in the 21st century, you have to empower others, making sure other people are better than you are. Then you will be successful.
(20) Help young people. Help small guys. Because small guys will be big. Young people will have the seeds you bury in their minds, and when they grow up, they will change the world.
(21) Once in your life, try something. Work hard at something. Try to change. Nothing bad can happen.
(22) I don’t care about revenues.
(23) On the path to success, you will notice that the successful ones are not whiners, nor do they complain often.
(24) I don’t want to be liked. I want to be respected.
(25) It’s very difficult to know the outside world, but you know yourself. You know your need and what you want. If I know myself better, I can change myself to meet the outside world.
(26) The very important thing you should have is patience.
(27) A real businessman or entrepreneur has no enemies. Once he understands this, the sky’s the limit.
(28) If you view everyone as your enemies then everyone around you will be enemies.
(29) If you don’t do it, nothing’s possible.
(30) A leader should be visionary and have more foresight than an employee. A leader should have higher grit and tenacity, and be able to endure what the employees can’t.
(31) When people think too highly of you, you have the responsibility to calm down and be yourself.
(32) Adopt and change before any major trends or changes.
(33) Intelligent people need a fool to lead them. When the team’s all a bunch of scientists, it is best to have a peasant lead the way. His way of thinking is different. It’s easier to win if you have people seeing things from different perspectives.
(34) I try to make myself happy because I know that if I’m not happy, my colleagues are not happy and my share holders are not happy and my customers are not happy.
(35) My job is to help more people have jobs.
(36) You never know how much can you do in your life.
(37) When we have money, we start making mistakes.
(38) Life is so short, so beautiful. Don’t be so serious about work. Enjoy the lives.
(39) Today, making money is very simple. But making sustainable money while being responsible to the society and improving the world is very difficult.
(40) You never know that the things you’re doing are that meaningful to society.
(41) Only fools use their mouth to speak. A smart man uses his brain, and a wise man uses his heart. A peace talk is always difficult, always complicated.
(42) I call myself a blind man riding on a blind tiger.
(43) Instead of learning from other people’s success, learn from their mistakes. Most of the people who fail share common reasons(to fail) whereas success can be attributed to various different kinds of reasons.
(44) You’ve got to make your team have value, innovation, and vision.
(45) We appreciate yesterday, but we’re looking for a better tomorrow.
(46) Without internet, there would have been no Jack Ma, and no Alibaba or Taobao.
(47) I’m not a tech guy. I’m looking at the technology with the eyes of my customers, normal people’s eyes.
(48) It’s not the technology that changes the world. It’s the dreams behind the technology that change the world.
(49) If you have different mindset, you will have a different outcome.
(50) You should learn from your competitor but never copy. Copy and you die.
(51) Forget about your competitors, just focus on your customers. Customer first, employees
second, and investor third.
(52) 30% of all people will never believe you. Do not allow your colleagues and employees to work for you. Instead, let them work for a common goal.
(53) Success and profitability are outcome of focusing on customers and employees, not objectives.
(54) Never ever compete on prices, instead compete on services and innovation.
(55) If we go to work at 8 am and go home at 5 pm, this is not a high-tech company and Alibaba will never be successful. If we have that kind of 8-to-5 spirit, then we should just go and do something else.
(56) Never ever do business with the government. Be in love with them, never marry them.
(57) If the customer loves you, the government will have to love you.
(58) We will make it because we are young and we will never, never give up.
(59) In carrying out e-commerce, the most important thing is to keep doing what you are doing right now with passion, to keep it up.
(60) You’ve to make consumers smart. An e-commerce portal doesn’t sell a product at cheaper rates, instead an offline shop sells it at a costlier prices.
(61) I want to change history, do something important in my life, and influence individuals like we have with millions of small businesses on Alibaba. Then they love and respect you because you made their life important.
(1) Learn from the mistakes of others.
(2) Focus on quality, not on size.
(3) Be the first.
(4) Prepare for the future.
(5) Respect your competitors.
(6) See challenges as opportunities.
(7) Believe in yourself.
(8) Surround yourself with greatness.
(9) Live healthy.
(10) Have fun.