Chanakya's Billion Dollar Thoughts
(1) A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
(2) To be inspired is great. To Inspire is Incredible.
(3) Don’t let anyone judge you. Not everyone is qualified enough.
(4) Be sure enough to taste your words, before you spit them out.
(5) Success is a path, Not a destination.
(6) Those who witness a failure are the ones who have succeeded the first stage in life.
(7) Never underestimate your foes. Never underestimate your capabilities.
(8) Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent.
(9) A wise man is courageous enough to accept his sins and forgive others.
(10) Lessons in life will be repeated until they are learned.
(11) Earn a living but don’t forget to live while you are busy earning.
(12) Anger is a blunt tool. It won’t hurt your enemies. However it will definitely hurt you.
(13) No amount of fortunes will ever be able to satisfy a person’s need, if his need is his greed.
(14) Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.
(15) Your worth shall not be assessed by someone else.
(16) A blind person has a vision. But a person without vision is blind even after having eyes.
(17) The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
(18) The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.
(19) A man is born alone and dies alone; and he experiences the good and bad consequences of his karma alone; and he goes alone to hell or the Supreme abode.
(20) As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
(21) Once you start a working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.
(22) Give your wealth only to the worthy and never to others. The water of the sea received by the clouds is always sweet.
(23) Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions – Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.
(24) Live in the present only. Not in the past and not in the future.
(25) Test a servant while in the discharge of his duty, a relative in difficulty, a friend in adversity, and a wife in misfortune.
(26) Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends.
(27) It is better to die than to preserve this life by incurring disgrace. The loss of life causes but a moment’s grief, but disgrace brings grief every day of one’s life.
(28) One whose knowledge is confined to books and whose wealth is in the possession of others can use neither his knowledge nor wealth when the need for them arises.
(29) Do not reveal what you have thought upon doing, but by wise council keep it secret being determined to carry it into execution.
(30) Good behavior is far better than gold ornaments on the body.